Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Camping

Here are some pictures of a recent camping trip our family took.
I hope you enjoy them
the small lake behind our campsite

golden hour the evening we arrived
roast with carrots and fried tators and onions
stillness of the lake
old covered bridge, used to cross the river
view of the lake from on top of the ridge
hiking through the woods
the indian baths
a natural spring
so quiet...

We really enjoyed the time we got to spend together. We camped in our 12 person cabin tent. I was thankful that our site had running water; it made cooking and washing up so much easier. All of our meals were cooked over an open fire and they tasted so good. For breakfast, we had pancakes one morning and eggs and fried bologna another. Lunches were simple; we ate sandwiches. For supper, we had hot dogs and hamburgers our first night, and roast with fried potatoes the following night.
We fished and swam, hiked and explored, and cooled ourselves in the natural springs. The children brought me wild flower bouquets every day; there was never a shortage of flowers to look at. I'm glad I thought to bring something to hold all the flowers.
 I was blessed to be able to see the confidence my children have. I wish I had that kind of confidence when I was their age.

No comments:

Post a Comment